View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Size and portability. Current tablet PCS are way to heavy and bulky to comfortably hold and read like a book, or to take notes on in place of a legal pad etc.

They're basically just laptops with stylus screens--and the few I've tried (it's been a couple years) the stylus writing wasn't very responsive.

So give me something with a 10" or so screen, less than an inch thick, with a very responsive stylus screen that's super easy to write on and I'll be very interested.
It really depends on the stylus tech being used. I personally have refused to use any thing that requires the use of a stylus, but isn't based on Wacom technology. All the ones that use styluses not based on Wacom, tend to be a bit poor in quality, with issues like need for batteries, responsiveness, etc. The ones that just have a normal touch screen, like most PDAs have, usually are ok.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote