View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
@fljoe: to be able to boot up (or reboot into) CM10 untethered is a primary reason I took the plunge and installed CM10 internally.

I'd recommend you take the time to backup your current stock ROM (step #5 in first post), the backup data will be handy if you ever need to restore stock ROM for warranty service. FWIW I prefer using TWRP ("Altboot" in step #4) over CWM ("SDC Recovery) for its tar/zip-like data backup format as well as its touchscreen based navigation menu.

Also, make sure you "wipe data/factory reset" (step #6) so that you don't end up with problems caused by CM10 being contaminated with cache/config data residue left by the stock ROM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote