View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #89
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
sadievan, no it doesn't start when the install is done. The install screen disappears and then nothing happens. As far as uninstalling all traces of the program, I'm not sure what else to look for. I'm fairly handy around computers, I've built my own, done some minor programing and tweaks, so I know how to find and delete hidden files, which I've done more than once. I'm running windows home 7 premium, I guess I can see if my wife will let me borrow her laptop and try installing it there. I haven't tried to run it with task manager up to see if the process is starting yet, I may try that here in a bit.

While I don't necessarily disagree that there may be something going on with my computer that's causing the problem. I just have a problem with the fact that the program was running fine one second, then I do the upgrade, and then it doesn't run at all. Seems like some installer issues on the part of Amazon. On another point, while it doesn't appear that there's a huge number of people with the problem, reading on the Amazon discussion board it seems rather remarkable that the people with a problem, have the exact same problem, and it occurred at the same moment.

I do want to let everyone know that I appreciate the help and suggestions I've received here. I do intend to keep looking into getting it working again, it's just not that high of a priority to me as I do have access to the books I've purchased so it's not like I'm out any money or anything. I'm sure at some point I'll get it working either through finding and fixing the issue, or even possibly an update or fix by Amazon themselves. It's not that big of an issue for me as I don't even own a Kindle, I just use the Kindle for PC app to download the occasional freebie I see posted on here and convert it to read on my Kobo. I'll just hold off on purchasing any books through Amazon until such time as I've got it working again.

Last edited by IcecreamLtDan; 08-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote