View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #22180
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Did she get the dishes done then? Not nice to leave them festering overnight...
No... no. These are MY dishes from today. She left early this morning to catch the Shinkansen (the Bullet Train) to Tokyo, and washed her dish and cup before she left. Truth be told, I've already washed them. As soon as I finish eating I do them immediately. (Burned pans might have to soak for a few hours but the bowl or plate get's washed before I sit down again.

I have a 'rule' that I follow when I'm in bachelor mode; only one plate, one bowl, one fork, one spoon, one pair of chopsticks, etc., etc. out at any given time. So if I want to eat again, I have to wash them... and there is never any big build-up in the sink to deal with. It's a trick I learned from an OCD friend many years ago for keeping the house cleaner. Nothing ever piles up. I even did all the laundry already too. I'm not a 'duster' or a 'sweeper,' but I will mop the kitchen floor periodically. And I'll vacuum the living room at least once a month, but that's dangerous. Fortunately, my wife only goes away for a couple of days at a time (usually for some sort of class,) and she LOVES to vacuum and dust.

And now.... a big glass of Bombay Sapphire, a bowl of popcorn, and a guy flic! I wonder if I have a copy of "Barb Wire" with Pamela Sue Anderson? Hmmmmm......

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote