View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Device: NAEB Bookeen Cybook Gen3, eBookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Well, Here I was, About to test out the Mp3 player on the Gen3, as I haven't had time to do so yet, and I reach in to Plug in my Headphones, and they don't fit!

I hadn't even looked at the headphone jack, figuring that it would be a standard 3.5mm jack.

So the question I have is, is its standard 2.5mm? If I get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor, will my normal headphones work. I've got a nice pair of Shure E2c's that I would like to use with it.

Also What was Bookeen or Netronix who makes them thinking? Couldn't they have used a standard 3.5mm Jack.
It is 2.5mm and I believe that it is a standard socket of that size.

You should probably try the adaptor before buying if possible to check that it is narrow enough to clear the lip on the edge of the reader.

At a guess it was due to the thickness of the internal part of the socket, and/or the silly lip at the bottom of the reader that also causes issues with USB cords.

I note that with regard to mp3's, if you haven't updated your firmware, not all sampling rates play correctly.

But the MP3 player is fairly usless anyway, lacking displays of time duration, and IIRC a pause facility.

Martin.
mjdb is offline   Reply With Quote