View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #24
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

Device: Acer Iconia a500, XP tablet PC
Kindle Fire = $200
Asus transformer = $250 at Bestbuy when they open...

No guessing which I would buy if I was in the market for one of these devices.

Alternative would be Acer Iconia a500 at Staples for $300, a500 has full size USB connector so you can connect common storage devices to move content back and forth or use common USB keyboard if you want to type. I have an a500 (about a week now) and it is pretty good, has a great display, weighs pretty close to a Kindle DX. Both Transformer and a500/a100 have micro SD card slot for additional storage, Fire does not have this (neither does iPad1/2). Both Transformer and a500/a100 have micro USB host port so that you can use cheap and common micro to full size USB cable to connect additional storage devices, iPad does not (Fire probably has one but not sure). a500 has multi-touch screen, seems to work as well as iPad that my co-worker owns.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote