View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I gave up on 2.0. It's impossible to easily edit something if you can only search and replace in one chapter at a time. So much work!

1.9 is slow and painful, so I'm editing as much as I can, especially search and replaces, in UltraEdit while still in html format, and then converting to epub and fixing all the chapter breaks and creating the TOC.

I can't see how having your document split into a ton of pieces that can't be worked on as a whole is better in any way...except perhaps if something is super-long and takes up a lot of memory to open. I was considering just removing the chapter breaks in 1.9 and then using 2.0 for the rest, but I scroll through the document when I'm done doing a visual check for an formatting oddities, and do catch a lot that way. Scrolling down a single document using Page Down is simple. Having to open up 10, 20 or even 30 separate documents to do that is too much work.

Any chance of getting a version that still lets you work on the document in its entirety? Not that I'm complaining -- I'm certainly getting more out of the program than I paid for it. I'd be willing to pay for a program that is faster than 1.9 but still allows me to edit my document in one piece.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote