Thread: Color JetBook Color 2 Review
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #47
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I have Nexus 10 and jetBook Color and I never use Nexus 10 for reading because can't read from LCD screen more than 10 minutes. I read books on jetBook Color screen during 2-3 hours per day with no problem for eyes.
The users Kris777 and LuBiB seem to be working for Ectaco or atleast in someway related to them. Atleast that would explain the effort from both these users to:

1. Advertise Ectaco Products and "special deals" from them

2. Only give positive feedback about their products

3. Totally ignore all relevant criticism and give very subjective and selective feedback about Ectaco products.

I want everyone to make their own opinion, before someone claims I am just ranting! Thats why just check out their posts:

Kris777's Posts

LuBiBs Posts

Here is an Example of a post from Kris777 in another forum than mobileread:

Quote:
I just got the XL-1500 as a present from my wife and I have to say that I was very impressed. I already had another model from Ectaco for France but since we were planning to visit several countries she decided we should have this 15 language version. We are going on a grand tour through Europe for our honeymoon and I cannot wait to try it out in real life situations. It's incredible how much information is in this little machine and I can't believe how easy it is to use. It works just as well as the other one I had and we have already learned some phrases that we will need when we arrive in each country. We tried it out at this little Spanish restaurant near our house and it worked so well! The waiter was surprised at first because we pretended not to speak English and we surprised him after! We got everything we wanted plus a big smile!
This model available on sale just for $159.95 now
http://www.ectacodeal.com/ECTACO-XL1500/
This is very cheap and dubious marketing. I suspect LuBiB is from the American Department of Ectaco (which is coincidentally located in New York where he lives) and Kris777 from the Russian Department. This is just another reason why I would never buy from Ectaco. So much effort for advertising but not having any real customer service.

This is one of the worst companies I know! Just search on amazon for ectaco and read some of the customer reviews or any other source of customer experiences, both their products and services get very bad grades:
http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.ectaco.de

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_st?__m...rank_authority

Last edited by gamba66; 07-10-2013 at 01:41 PM.
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote