View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Bu...bu.....I just wanted some battles and a tree cat .
There's 8 of those.
(Plus a few shorts.)

The best series end or evolve, or failing that, run on into self-parody.
(The Honorverse came awful close to the latter.)
Weber apparetly recognized it and intended to end the series with AT ALL COSTS.
Instead, he was talked into evolving it.
It may prove to have been a mistake--it may prove a success...
But so far the ride has been worth it.

One more thing: I wouldn't bet on the thing actually *ending* with SHADOW OF FREEDOM. (This aside from any further Saganami or Torch followups.) I think that will just reach a local "ending" with the bad guys stymied but surviving to fight another day, in another century. (Cockroaches always find a way to survive.)
At this point the milleau is simply too rich and too developed to simply ignore (too much money on the table, too) just because Honor herself has reached the end of her usefulness as a narrative tool. (At least for now.)

So fear nor, battles and treecats and, for that matter, battling treecats, will be with us for a while longer.
(I just wish he'd forget about Safehold and devote more time to the Mantieverse.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote