View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #213
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by malife View Post
Hello All,
Nick, awesome job with PDFRead absolutley loved it. Great tool. I too can confirm the "blank page" bug in Kindle 2 mentioned by AnthonyPaulO. If I generate the html and then produce the mobi either with mobipocket (in Windows) or Calibre in Mac the generated book renders correctly and no blank pages are inserted.
That's very interesting. Could you upload a sample .prc (and .html) of the 'with blank pages (PDFRead created)' and 'without (Mobipocket or Calibre created)' ebooks. I'll investigate it further to determine what can be done to stop that!

Quote:
I have a question. Say I want to read a PDF that is mostly two columns, i.e. a scientific paper. Is there a way for me to split that document column wise even if I loose some content (like the title) that is not dobule column? For instance say I have a PDF document like the one shown in the attached sample.png, and want to split it in columns like the attached col1.png and col2.png. Can PDFRead do that? Anyone knows the unpaper setting that would make the trick?

Thanks!
PDFRead can split the page like that with the Layout mode: 'portrait-2col' (with four quadrants/pages). However, it won't detect the two columns boundaries, just split down the middle. Not too helpful, most of the time. See this post for more info.

However, for that functionality try PaperCrop - Multi-column PDF files on 6 inch display. It does this better!

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-06-2009 at 02:18 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote