View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC there's a technique for doing this in the recipes -reusable code sticky thread at the top of this forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=10

Hi Kovid,

I tried it.

It checks for an article in a section being downloaded in the past.
It creates a file for each section.

so if article x is downloaded in section 1 it will not be downloaded into section 1 ever again.

However, if article x is in section 1, in this months mag, it can still be in section 2 in the same month. Same article in 2 sections.

My way means no article is repeated in any section within a single download.

(at least that's what happened for me) I hope that's the case cus that took me all morning (i'm not a programmer)

Last edited by scissors; 10-07-2012 at 09:40 AM.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote