View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #31
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I won't have much time for 'real' reading, so most of mine will be audiobooks while I work.. And I definitely won't hit 100 books..

1. Douglas Niles & Mary Kirchoff - Dragonlance Preludes volume 5: Flint The King (Audiobook) 3/5.
-Fantasy. Only for people that have read the Dragonlance Chronicles first. Light reading, but I really like the world..

2. Barbara & Scott Siegel - Dragonlance Preludes volume 6: Tanis, The Shadow Years (Audiobook) 3/5.
-Same as above.

3. Margaret Weis - Raistlin Chronicles: The Soulforge (Audiobook) 5/5.
-Same as above.

4. Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash. 3/5
-Science fiction, although it covers a lot of genres.. It was okay. Had a bit of a hard time following all the plots sometimes.

5. Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickmann - Dragonlance: The Chaos War (Audiobook) 5/5.
-One of my favorites..

6. Philip Pullman - The Golden Compass. 4/5.
-A nice audiobook, but a bit slow at times. But it has some elements that I really liked, and as an Audiobook it is one of the best productions I've heard. The author himself read it, and they had the best actors to speak the characters I've ever heard.

7. Eoin Colfer - Artemis Fowl. 3/5
- A bit weird book, and definitely for the younger readers I would say. Set in a world which is somewhat different from your normal fantasy book world, but I'm not really sure I like it. He basically takes faires, dwarfs, trolls, give them high tech technology, puts them in the earths core, and says humans know nothing about them, even though they mingle with humans/surface dwellers all the time. I'll try the next book and see if I like it, but I'm a bit pessimistic, since it doesn't really mix well in my opinion..

Last edited by David Munch; 03-25-2011 at 04:29 AM.