View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
trevorburdon
trevorburdon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Image handling - XGA 1024*768, full page etc

I have converted an A5 hardcopy book to an ebook and it is almost ready to distribute. I just need to make some final adjustments, especially with regard to images. Given it includes a couple of blocks of photopages I need to know how to best present quality full-page and full-width images.

I have reviewed other threads here but not really got definitive answers. Any advice will be very gratefully received.

1. Given popular hardware e-readers are all pushing 1024*768 now, should I make sure my full page images all fit within 1024*768, or should I aim for 5%(?) less in each dimension (say 973*730) to allow for reader margins? My intention is to minimise any image rerendering and hence loss of quality.

2. What style restrictions are recommended to ensure my ebook layout approximates the hardcopy on both lower and higher res screens?
For example what about a class like this:
max-width:100%; height:auto;
Will this make sure that the image always fills the width of the screen and that the height is kept proportional?
When we use max-width or width 100% does this mean 100% of the screen or 100% of the image pixel size? (This always confuses me!)

Regards Trevor
trevorburdon is offline   Reply With Quote