View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #17
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Offering personal opinion as fact.
I can elaborate on any sentence in that message. Please, tell me which one looks to you like speculation — maybe I'm missing something. So far, I see only a self-centric fantasy of Great Significance and Right Decisions emerging into groundless forum rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You're going to have to live with the fact that the people here prefer to wear white hats.
First, this policy has nothing to do with the hat color.
It's hilarious, how you are inventing a problem by deciding what is "actively undermining Amazon's business model" and then trying to bargain the "solution" in exchange for non-obfuscated code and tolerance towards jailbreak exploits. And all that without any direct communication with Amazon! You've never even received any complains (which are normally subject for public mocking, not for blind obedience) from them, did you?

Second, publication of exploits, instead of reporting them, hardly counts as 'white hat'.
Despite the original intent to 'free' the device and improve its functionality, I suppose, that custom modification, such as JBPatch, can be presented as breaking some laws. Especially in countries with software patents. I am not a lawyer though.

Third, you are talking in the name of 'the people' here. Yet the policy clearly implies censorship of those people. Why are you so eager to ban discussion on topics, that lie in the same 'grey' area as your hacks, but do not interest you personally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You are welcome to state your mind, though.
Unexpected thing to hear, after my reply was silently deleted and thread closed yesterday.
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote