View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude
For instance I am a big Robin Hobb fan, loved the Farseer stuff yet there are others here who have posted how painful they found that to read.
The original Farseer trilogy was fantastic, IMO... it's Hobbs' later stuff, like the Soldier Son trilogy, that was painful. Biggest turd of a protagonist I ever read.

As far as sci-fi goes, my favorites would be:
Dan Simmons' Hyperion books.
Stephen R Donaldson's Gap series.
Peter F. Hamilton's Commonwealth Saga + Void trilogy.

I love classic sci-fi, but it's mostly a nostalgic (pot-roast and potatoes) kind of love for me... and I consider most of it to be the foundation for more satisfying contemporary efforts. *shrugs*
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote