View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #33
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDeus View Post
I have been crash coursing in coding, so i finally realize where to add and why and been playing with experimenting a couple of things as far as device goes.
Good for you, more knowledge (usually) helps.

Quote:
I tried the " max-width: 100%; " which worked for the Nook on Android to fit image to width, but doesn't work good on actual Nook Color device.

I tried a " width: 618px; " and that seem to work.
But question i have is that if someone on another reader( i.e. ipad) has ability to zoom and scroll due to OS, will i be limiting them to NOT being able to enlarge image beyond 618px ?
I think if you specify an exact size (px), then the image will always stay at that size regardless of view/zoom settings. Whereas if you use relative sizes(%) then it will change with view settings.

Quote:
One other thing is that i actually tested to see if i nook could read the epub if it didn't contain an ".xpgt "( ADE info, column info, etc.) file and it did open it.
I read somewhere not to remove it so if an reader worked off of ADE structure or something like that the epub would work better. But i wanted to test, and it does work w/o it.
Is this a good thing or bad to take it out?
I've no idea, but I daresay most handmade epubs rarely contain the xpgt file.
Until more readers use the information in the file I don't think it will matter if it's missing.

Quote:
Would you like to take a look at code i have now? I will post if you do.

still trying to finalize something that is acceptable to me, and so far i have a version that works for Nook color, so kinda happy.
As long as your happy with your results.

As you've discovered cross reader epub coding can be troublesome.
Especially if the ereaders from different generations, the amount of features can be considerable.

Does Nook show large images with zoom (actual file, not embedded in epub)?
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote