View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
If they do it same like NYTimes - the count of free articles restarts once you clean your browser's history - then it's not an issue, at all...
That is just the start my friend. Just the start.

Try getting into the Wall Street Journal beyond what they let you peep at.

There are levels of protection they can use.
First they offer inducements. Coffee mugs, hats, the ability to search back into the archives, appeals for the good work they do, ...
Second they pester you with warnings, with "you have used 5 of your 10 free tries" working off cookies.
Third they remember your IP.
Fourth, don't don't let you in pass the outer gate without passwords biometric checks, etc., except at designated port holes where you watch from a distance things that could be more interesting if you could get closer.

The first 3 things are circumventable.. The Fourth is much harder. (i.e. WSJ)

Then comes the clincher.
Fifth, they sue anyone that aggregates or repeats their stories, data.

Still there will be News Sources. The TV channels and their own line presence are one I will mention.

Personally, at this point in time, for me, the argument that many of the News Papers, (MSM) etc., are important to the country is more than balanced by what I see as overbearing bias. I would just as soon see (m) a lot of them gone.

I like the old journalism. The facts please.

That is not to say that there should not be opinions or editorials, guest pieces and the like, but separate that out, and identify it plainly.

Last edited by frahse; 12-10-2012 at 05:01 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote