View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Although I have high hopes for forthcoming e-book devices, including their ability to annotate text and to display full A4 PDF content, I am somewhat reluctant to predict the end of the book, at least not any time soon. I don't know if you've experienced the same, but for me it is definitely the case that I can memorize and comprehend content faster and better when it is from a paper book than from a e-book. Perhaps it's because of the physical properties of p-books... when I remember a concept and want to go back in the text, I know exactly where to look for it. It's like I have a picture of the actual page in my mind where I need to go to find what I need. With the e-book it's definitely not like this. I am required to use the search function to find content again, and usually it's not that easy because while I can remember the layout of paper page, it's much harder to remember an actual textual phrase. So today if I have the choice, I would always pick the p-book for studying purposes.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote