View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 07:11 AM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

The book format is not dead and I do not see it getting dead soon since it satisfies an ingrained need in our nature: the need for narrative. Before books there were the storytellers that satisfied this.
I can see nonfiction books changing, immersive fiction (a la 3D gaming) appearing, maybe even large scale collaborative fiction, but I still believe that the need for a "simple" narrative without any other distractions, where you can let your imagination fly will still be with us for a long while, hence the book as a format. That the book will be digital or print is irrelevant, the fundamental characteristics: text only and reasonably stable storyline are essential.

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote