View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would say yes given the word client is used.
Well, arguably, not every "client" pays. I had "clients" when I was first learning, who were my volunteer guinea pigs. Personally, of course, I think when you start charging people money, for ePUBs, converting from Word should be second nature.

And, yes, on the fonts--both Helvetica and its kissing cousin, Arial, are, to the best of my knowledge, copyrighted. In fact, almost every font in the Windows font file is copyrighted. There are, however, many open-source sans-serif fonts that can be used, although you have to spend some time rummaging through them, and of course, they have to be tested on the devices, as not every one actually renders.

As I think I mentioned here, before, we had an Adobe foundry font literally become invisible on a Kindle3/Touch in its italic face. Such fun! The (paying) client was less than amused, though. I personally went out and found a font substitute that worked for that one. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote