View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I have absolutely no problems reading from my 22" LCD pc monitor. I have never had any problems reading from one. I think a lot of it is mind over matter, or simply listening to what other people complain about. I'm focusing on what i'm looking at not on the fact that I'm reading from a backlit screen.

Most of the time it's the same way when I'm reading an ebook, I'm focused on the story & characters not on the fact that it might not be perfectly formatted or spell checked. Now if I'm not engaged in the story or characters, naturally these other factors might contribute to my unhappiness, but I know it's the story not the formatting that is failing to keep me engaged.

People spend way too much time looking for things to be wrong to complain about rather than the positive things in life.

I try to avoid/ignore these people like the plague, whether on a internet board or in life!
And that's just more anecdotal evidence... fine for you but hardly proof of anything and certainly irrelevant to my anecdotal evidence of preferring eInk for long term recreational reading to LCD (fine for work but I don't concentrate in the same way as I do when reading for recreation)... and also not relevant to getting a screaming migraine or two from extended reading on LCD compared to never getting a migraine whilst using eInk... all anecdotal but my anecdotal doesn't give me migraines whereas yours does.

This is one reason I kept to paper books because long term reading problems, using LCDs, predate the invention of eInk so hardly looking for something to complain about except people assuming their personal experiences should be treated as universal facts... hardly mind over matter or listening to other people when the problem predates the method (eInk) which negates the problem...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote