View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Silhalnor
Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silhalnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
cfrizz, so you believe that LCDs have no negative effects on people's eyes? (Or no significant effects at least.) So you would see no benefit to using an eInk display then? I should mention that I do not actually have any problems reading from an LCD right now, not counting a couple times recently where I found myself unable to read, I am more concerned about developing a problem later as a result of long exposure to LCDs. I am trying to take preventive measures now rather than remedies later on. I am doing this partly because I have heard that a lot of people have problems with LCDs and I don't want to risk developing problems of my own in the future and partly because of those two instances when I was temporarily unable to read.

If you are right and people only think that they are having problems (similar to the placebo effect I suppose) then that would be great. Nonetheless, a lot of people have complaints about LCDs so your singular opposing view wont be able to convince me that I am safe. Not without evidence at least.

Fluribus, I cannot make my screen very dim either but I should be able to hack it by connecting a variable resistor to the backlight. Is that really the issue though? That article I linked to gives a few other possibilities and I don't want to void my warranty for something that wont have any positive impact.
Silhalnor is offline   Reply With Quote