View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
well, it is the ids best practice question.
So you use a textfield with some pre-defined text
I use e.g. coverQuality:BW-Photocopy
or NUR:331

Besides the predefined info what is the main-advantage of using your implementation over mine.

My main reason is that I now can click fast in the id's section to find books not having set the NUR-info
I have tons of labels (sorted with sub-labeling (.)) using this id-info is a faster way to work with it.
I'm thinking of types to add there. The NUR and NUGI (dutch library-sort-codes) are identifiers in a way that they are a representation of the used genre.

So main-question: Should I add this in IDs or in your explained text-fields and what are the (dis-)advantages of the purposed method.
A predefined value text field is useful for a limited set.
I have one set for 'Master Format': Values : EPUB,PRC,LIT,PDF... (ordered by frequency of use)
Typing the first letter brings up the first one. P Pdf typing another P gets PRC

Only you can confirm field type usefulness
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote