View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The type of text field I chose allow you to pre-define the values used (a menu). That is all the user can enter.
ID, I got lost. on this one
well, it is the ids best practice question.
So you use a textfield with some pre-defined text
I use e.g. coverQuality:BW-Photocopy
or NUR:331

Besides the predefined info what is the main-advantage of using your implementation over mine.

My main reason is that I now can click fast in the id's section to find books not having set the NUR-info
I have tons of labels (sorted with sub-labeling (.)) using this id-info is a faster way to work with it.
I'm thinking of types to add there. The NUR and NUGI (dutch library-sort-codes) are identifiers in a way that they are a representation of the used genre.

So main-question: Should I add this in IDs or in your explained text-fields and what are the (dis-)advantages of the purposed method.
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote