View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
Hi all,

So a question on usage of id's

I have a lot of extra info I want to add (and make searchable) to my books.
This is info of a certain type having 1 or 2 values for a book (like ISBN (can also have 2 values 10 AND 13)).

So my question is (also consider coming versions of calibre that may introduce specific fields for this info), should I put info like this into id's, or is there a better way:

both isbn 10 AND 13
NUR (3 digit number representing a main genre group)
NUGI (obsolete 3 digit number, replaced by NUR no 1-1 mapping)
Original Title
Cover type (soft cover hard cover)
Image type (full color, BW, 4-color)
Quality (Photo, OCR, direct text)
Offline status (true / false - indicating having a paper copy)

ISBN 10 and 13 are basically the Same number. 978ISBN-10(sans check digit)new check-digit)

Cover: there is Trade Paper and Mass Market for Soft,
Quality:Image, UC_OCR, A,B or C(grade)_OCR, Native (from Author source file)

Image type: Of the cover? Illustrations? (not even considering Manga )
I have been using a tag for 'offline status'
If Calibre introduces a new field that you have, you can use 'Search and Replace' to migrate your data

IMHO use Text with fixed set of values for Quality, Cover to control uniformity of entries.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote