View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
iphone vs eb150

While I can read on my iphone, and read my first full length novel on it the other night. I would say I would keep my eb1150 over the iphone as a ereader.

My main gripe? iphone you have to turn the pages ALL the time. With even a slightly larger screen I feel like I don't have to change the page as much. I also find the larger eb1150 is more comfortable to hold, where the iphone is a tad small for long periods of time, even with my little hands. I also like being able to push a button to switch the page, with the iphone you have to touch the screen.

The bright side, the contrast of the text with the iphone screen is very crisp and it is lighted, I found it comfortable on my eyes. I don't have an eink reader normally so I am used to having a lcd type screen.

Also being able to order kindle books is great, because there have been books that I have wanted but have not been released through other ebook seller websites. The bad news? Being able to instantly order books could cause my book reading expenses to go up exponentially!

Overall it is probably a personal preference.

The iphone is great because it is multifunctional, which is why I have it, and I will keep books on it for times when I don't have my eb1150 with me. But my eb1150 will be my primary ereader.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote