View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #31
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
I tried that Windows Disk Management route when I had the problem -- it didn't work.

I think the problem has to do with the GPT vs. MSDOS Partition Table formats.
Oh, so you had that problem too? I thought it might have had something to do with the fact I still use Windows XP, but I wasn't sure. Good to know it was not something unique to me and I likely didn't mess up.

At any rate, I am pretty sure I had tried Windows Disk Management to salvage the card and it didn't work for me. I also tried Acronis Disk Director and that didn't work either. Neither did sdformatter when I first tried it. Only sdformatter on one of the alternative options worked.

Since this corruption of the micro sd card when using the image file doesn't appear to be a unique problem, I would suggest anyone modding their Nooks with the CWM card method to use the alternative option for preparing the card -- the one where you set the first partition as active and then drop the boot files onto the card. That's what I eventually did and it seems easier and more foolproof to me.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 07-13-2013 at 08:56 AM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote