View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #34958
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
If you can climb inside one of the pyramids then do it. It was amazing seeing what the stone looked like and how they were joined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
It's hard to imagine that when they were new, they were all covered with smooth marble that has long since been carried off. There are so many pyramids that didn't survive their own engineering and collapsed in on themselves too, now buried deeply under the sands. We missed out seeing a lot of amazing sights simply because we were born too late...

Stitchawl
Since I visited the museum of antiquities as a child http://www.rmo.nl/english/ I wanted to go to Egypt, and I"ll try to take a peek at the inside. It seems incredible that men made these things.
And I wonder how tall those pyramids and the statues at the Abu Simbel temples are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Simbel_temples
Also, I will be spending some days in Caïro and have heard that their attitude against women is somewhat agressive. As I will be going alone, I will have to stay with my group there, I suppose. We'll see.
And what about the food......I remember ' starving' in Iran on soup and salad, and losing 7 kilo's.
Exciting all.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote