View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
sparky2
sparky2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganasaurus View Post
I've never been able to download audiobooks on the mobile app itself. I think that you have to transfer it from the Overdrive software on your actual computer to your iPhone using the USB cable. There's currently a bug in the software though. It's not working correctly with the new iTunes and iOS upgrades. I contacted OverDrive on twitter and sent them a link to this thread, and they were kind enough to respond above. It looks like they're working on fixing it
meganasaurus, I suspect that you are correct. I had never tried to download directly to my iPhone either. It just naturally seems easier to browse the books using a system with a full sized screen (or two) and then download via USB. I became desperate after I finished my last book and wanted to read the next but was unable to.

Before I installed the software on my mobile device I saw a brief comment on the OverDrive site about downloading directly to the iPhone – or not being able to. I do not recall exactly what it said, but I remember thinking that it was not quite clear and that they could not mean that their mobile app intended to download books directly to the phone did not allow downloading books directly to the phone. So I tried it, but no go.

I will just have to wait as the rest of us for a fix for the broken USB transfer operation. Their work will be appreciated.
sparky2 is offline   Reply With Quote