View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
LOGANSROLL
LOGANSROLL began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotekman View Post
Hrmmm.... good to know info.
I first deleted the Alternate Firmware files that were placed on it, but same problem.
Then, decided to try a hard reset, and lo and behold no more problem. Just thought I would put this out there for the PRS-300 people (and possible other sony readers?) who love Calibre like I do.
It is strange, though, that the database would be deleted somehow. According to the author of that firmware, only things are added. I may try again with the new update to it and report back here if it still breaks communications.....
THanks for the reply!
-Jotek
I purchased a PRS-300 for my wife and it seemed to me that she was having alot of trouble getting to her books. I believe with the digital editions library. Finally she gave in to another ereader and left the sony just sitting there so,,,,me being a tinkerer of sorts could not help trying to find an easier way to purchase,download,and read. Well low and behold I came across calibre and it was love at first sight,everything looked like it was layed out for easy use.I have yet to get to it and am now just resweaching others experiences with it and it sounds like the way to go. Oh by the way,my wife had purchased two books and they are on the device but seems to be frozen up. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Logan

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-16-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Changed case
LOGANSROLL is offline   Reply With Quote