Thread: Development Beware of the Reset button !
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #28
Qwill
Edge User

My PE came back yesterday !! Its fully functional, but I didn't get any explanation of what happened nor what they did to do it.

* They apparently replaces some internal parts, as the case was the same ( same scratches at the same place)
* When I first started it, I was welcomed by a "unable to mount internal sdcard" message, and was stuck with a 512 mb memory space device ... I must say that I panicked a little bit.. At that time I had no access to internet
* As soon as I could connect it to internet, It asked for an upgrade ( from Dingo 1.11 to Dingo 1.11 (?) ) and ... Miracle ! the sdcard was now recognized !
** I had a lot of fun discovering that they exchanged the internal board ( or sdcard or memory chip) without erasing the new one ... there was a lot of files, music, and even pictures on this one that were not mine !
(Advice ... when you send your device for repair, ensure you have erased all your files !!!)

** I had to upgrade to ermine as my library backup was done with ermine and thus incompatible with the backup app under dingo. I did not want to do it, but I did it.

** The PE is now fully working. I made it hibernate on purpose and so far, no troubles.
I however am very carefull not to let it hibernating while connected to PC, as I still think it messed with the mounting/unmounting of the sdcard and was maybe related to my WSOD Woes.

So I am now again a happy Pocket-eDGer !