View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Thanks for the replies guys. Maybe I should've tried to install and run it before posting. I was just going off of all the posts on their forum pertaining to it not working correctly (or at all). Almost every single response was "Mobipocket Creator is not compatible with Windows Vista" or "Mobipocket Creator is not compatible with Windows 7", so I hadn't even tried it yet.

I'll give it a try this weekend.

crich70, you mentioned using Sigil. Maybe I'm missing something here. Sigil is an epub creation tool, correct? How will that help me create mobi files?

I've tried creating some ebooks with Sigil (they look great by the way) and then converting them to mobi with Calbre but I've been less than thrilled with the results. The biggest issue has been pages that run together. For example, I have some ebooks with a few images. I have a chapter break before and after the images to force a page/chapter break so that the image displays on one page separate from the text. It works and looks great on an epub reader but it all just runs together on mobi.

Anyway, I really like Sigil but thought it might be better to look for an actual mobi creation tool since that's what I need them in to read on my Kindle anyway. Actually, what we really need is to have native epub compatibility added to the Kindle! But I'm not holding my breath for that to happen any time soon.

Have any of you tried Jutoh?

Thanks.

- Byron

Last edited by bfollowell; 09-16-2010 at 06:55 PM.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote