View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I assume the "Yes" is that it is properly parsed as two authors named Smith on the Kindle. I wonder about inside the SQL database of Calibre. I don't have an e-reader, so that's all that I see. I was thinking about a search like author:"Nancy Smith" and the same for John Smith. Would it pull up all the books by them, including the joint authorship and sole authorship books.
This is kinda what was going through my mind.

This would then bring up the issue about the way Calibre physically stores the ebook. Since its stored by author/title/nameofbook, seems it would be difficult for Calibre to decide which author is the primary author.

There ought to be a new field like 1st author, 2nd author, etc. Or at least have the option of adding an author and then having Calibre always use the first author to store the book under.

dunno.. just thinkin' out loud.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote