Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #92
Maike13
Connoisseur
Maike13 began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad 1st Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Hi....

Just polling: I'm thinking about developing a new simple application for the Iliad to browse, select and download books from feedbooks.com. I believe they have about 3000 free books. I plan to program this against the xml api described here: http://feedbooks.com/api

Will people be interested in this or will I be the only user

Greetz, Hansel.
Hi Hansel,
I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be much interest in Iliad development anymore. I guess people have moved on. The iNewsStand application does some of this so that would be a good place for you to start. No browsing, but you can search and download books on feedbooks directly to your Iliad, and if you make the search vague you can look through the many hits. AdamB has both the compiled and source code posted earlier in this thread (two different post).

iNewstand also has a the ability to download the custom newspapers that can be set up on feedbooks, although that feature seems to be broken now on my Iliad (and another iliad user reported this too), as we can no longer log into our accounts from iNewsStand. Logging in from the web works fine though, which is odd. I tried to get hold of Hadrien (from feedbooks) but he seems to have moved on too. If you happen to figure out how to repair this feature of iNewsstand that would be even better than a new application :-)

Mike
Maike13 is offline   Reply With Quote