View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
locomouse
Enthusiast
locomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150
Hi Amy,

Thanks so much for your response. I decided that a little "stick-to-it-ness" was in order and have been working with the eBook Publisher for many hours now. I'm finding it less intimidating and have managed to clear all errors and add lots of new content. The files I have converted from .html all preview beautifully and I'm getting kind of excited that this may work afterall... My eBookwise reader hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to field test anything so far.

I do have a few questions, if I may.

1. On the Spine tab... the <item description> field... the manual says to simply click on <item description> and type in something meaningful. When I click that field to highlight it and then type Chapter One... it won't stick. As soon as I click out of the box it reverts back to <item description>. What am I missing?

2. I read the Wiki on eBook Publisher and took note of the tip to get the shortcut key on the reader to link to the TOC. Very good to know. But I'm wondering... if the TOC itself is coded with anchor tags... each chapter pointing to a corresponding anchor tag on an eBook page... will those links work to jump to the chapter? If so... how is that executed? By just touching the Chapter on the screen?

3. I found a post here about the optimum image size to use with the eBookwise 1150 so that the software does not re-size it without regard to aspect ratio... but I can't find that thread today. Are you familiar with it?

Thanks for any advice,

Helen
locomouse is offline   Reply With Quote