View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
verydeepwater
verydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Ipad and Kindle Fire
The answer is 'Yes you can'

I can now answer my own question: you can get text to float around images on e-ink kindles. I got this to work by setting the widths of the div tags in percentages rather than pixels.

I still have the problem that as the resolution of kindle fire is higher than e-ink kindles, the images are larger on the e-ink kindle. Thus to set a div tag wide enough to include the image on the e-ink kindle and leave the text a suitable distance to the right, means that there is a large gap between the image and the text in the kindle fire, where the image is much smaller.
verydeepwater is offline   Reply With Quote