View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #699
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
I have a problem/question and a related feature suggestion.

The Problem/Question:

I love the new OPDS feature! But I also have a problem with it. I have 2 calibre libraries, and am running a calibre-server instance for each, both of them set up with a reverse proxy via Apache on my Mac. One works just fine, but the other has a weird problem.

For some reason, the "By Newest" feed section seems like it is cached. I added a few books to that catalog, and they don't show up in that page. I can search for them, and they show up in other sections (By Series, By Author, etc.), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the By Newest to refresh. It really seems like it is cached somehow and I can't force it to do so.

I've tried stopping/starting the calibre-server process, restarting Apache, etc., to no avail. If I set up a new favorite for the calibre-server going directly to the port, it works fine for all sections. It doesn't seem like an Apache thing, though, since the other sections refresh just fine. It really seems like I have some cached XML and I can't figure out how to remove it. I went into Settings and cleared the Safari caches, but that didn't help.

So the question is, does anyone have any ideas as to how to clear that stuck/cached item?

The Feature Suggestion is that it would be nice to have Pull-To-Refresh for these items, so that one can force a refresh of the page in question.

For the moment, I can access that library via the Web Browser. It works just fine that way, but I'd prefer the OPDS feed. I can also keep using a direct-to-the-calibre-server-port favorite, too, but I'd prefer not to have to do that if I can avoid it.

Thanks,