View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #60
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
But BN, Sony, and Kobo can sell DRM free Mobi. People enjoyed the Borders and Barnes and Noble card for buying books, remove Agency Pricing and all the sudden you could have a e-book version of the discount card. Kobo does well with EPub readers because of its coupons, remove Agency pricing and now Kobo can sell DRM free Mobi books with the coupon.

Yes, Amazon can match a fair amount of that but I am sure there are ways of making it more challenging. Don't drop the price per book but bundle Stephen King novels and sell the set lower then Amazon does.

One of the great things about EPub readers is that people are suppose to be thrilled to be able to shop at a multitude of stores. Why do people discount that Kindle users might not be lured to Kobo or BN? Why assume that Kob and Nook users will be lured to Amazon but not the other way around?

Personally, I think that people will maintain the status quo and buy from the store attached to their device for convience sake but I could be wrong.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote