View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #57
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I love Baen. They have some of my favorite authors and I've bought a lot of books from them. But while I check Amazon's new books every day I might go to Baen's site once a month.
Well, that works with Baen's schedule of updating their new books roughly once a month anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
Do you think they will offer their books on Amazon and at a discount on their site since they don't need to give Amazon a 30% cut? For 30% off I might search on Amazon but buy at Tor.
Technically, Baen kind of offer a discount, not on their own books, but on Night Shade's, which are just $6 DRM-free MultiFormat in the Baen webstore, but $7.99 DRMed elsewhere (but coupons applicable).

One of the ways that publishers could get people into their own stores is to offer significant direct-buy discounts.

Sourcebooks' Discover A New Love bookclub for romance novels offers 40% off the regular list price of their books for members (and a $9.99 membership gets you 6 free books in an Audible-style 1 credit per month program), with additional sale deals and bonus coupon offers, all DRM-free in ePub/Mobi/PDF bundle with a single purchase. This puts most of their eligible titles below the discount price offered at most stores.

Even though I'm not interested in dedicated romance novels, I did join to encourage the entire DRM-free discounted direct-buy thing, and hopefully they add some more historical fiction selections I'd actually get around to reading.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote