View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
I played with that, It did not help a great deal.
What bothers me is the lack of sharpness that the PDF readers presents when it comes to rendering different documents. I also played with what I could to adjust that. Played with the contrast and brightness, color saturation, background and text color ...nothing helped.
Another issue is that sometimes I seem inclined to see the small cells (grid) that the monitor is made of... More with the new LED monitors less with the OLD LCDs.
I reed a lot about it.
Another issue seem to be that a wider monitor seems to be more distracting and not very helpful when focusing on the text. The efficiency improved dramatically when I got my first ereader. I could only explain these when I read Carr's book "The shallows...What internet is doing to our brain"... now I am entirely sold to reading on ereaders as a compromise between paper and tablet/PC
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote