View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Great post! And great write up thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I just installed and haven't had time to test it out, but according to the What's New statement it looks like a significant upgrade:
v1.3:
  • Important upgrade for hyphenization & justified alignment, support full font-styles mixed with images; fix overlapped lines matter in end of chapter which has lasted for long time.
  • Add "Preview with publisher formatting" button, preview books with table, inner CSS, iframe, javascript, image zoom request, etc.
These are nice features, and I really liked hyphenation. The preview w/correct CSS doesn't make sense, and it works great but you lose the ability to annotate.

My one real gripe with this product is it does not support CSS. I hope in the future will be part of the main view and not some "preview " mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
EDIT:
After quick review here are a few comments.
  • Whole progress bar (how far through the entire book you are) is showing incorrect progress. For example, on beginning of chapter 6 of a 14 chapter book it shows Whole progress at 100%, but it should show about 30%.
  • Still no two-page landscape view. No big deal for phones, but the larger the screen the more lacking this becomes. IMO the NC screen is large enough to benefit greatly from two-page landscape view.
  • Still only has ColorDict support, so internet connection is required. Not sure why offline support isn't possible.
  • While trying to select a word, the screen fluctuates up and down quite a bit. Workable but annoying.
  • Highlighting seems to work better now. You no longer have to quickly drag the text selection handles before the dictionary window pops up. You can drag the handles at your leisure.
  • Autoscrolling seriously flawed. The interface is annoying and it seemed to continuously scroll the current page over and over again. I never tried this function before, so this might have been true for earlier versions.
Moon supports multiple offline directories in addition to online dictionary. ColorDict also supports many multiple dictionaries. One of those dictionaries is wiki which does require the Internet. If you disable the Wiki dictionary ColorDict doesn't require the Internet.

Do you recall a while back I agreed with you that Moon's selection mechanism was kind of bad(the selection fluctuated for me too) and so was the performance. Well I don't experience those problems anymore since version 1.3. At first I thought Moon fixed these problems on 1.3, but I'm realizing the fix was really due to the fact that I upgrades to CM7 build 87. I've seen a performance increase overall in most apps with this build Moon included.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote