View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
From what I understand, I'll be able to drag-and-drop ebooks directly from my computer (a Mac) to the Kindle, via USB?
Yep.

Quote:
How are files organized/displayed on the Kindle: in folder format (like the Hanlin) or by title/author/etc (like the Sony models)?
They're organized like the Sony; all the books are on one list. Now, the Kindle can read the files in folders; you just can't see them.

Quote:
Would I have to use a program like Calibre to convert my html/rtf/pdf files into formats that are recognized by the Kindle (which are txt and...?)?
You can have Amazon do it (for some formats). But calibre is usually better. And yes, the Kindle can only read a limited number of formats so conversion will be needed.

Quote:
The dictionary function is built-in and does not rely on wireless access, right?
Yep.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote