View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
emmett_brown
emmett_brown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Fixing table of contents

Hello everyone,
I own a kindle paperwhite and a regular kindle. I transferred my whole collection of book on the new device. Everything is ok except one book which has a broken TOC on the paperwhite while it works on the regular kindle. I contacted amazon and they told me they informed the editor who is in charge of updating the book and fixing the problem. This process needs some time so I have to wait.

I thought i could fix the problem using calibre...I was half successful. Let me explain: the book from amazon is a mobi ebook. I tried to convert it to azw3 format with default options. The result is a file which has a size double than the original one and a working TOC. The bad news is that whenever on the page a snippet of code appears (it's a programming book) its font is waay to small. On the original file it used to be displayed correctly, with a different font but the size was ok.

How can I tell calibre to ignore all possible font conversions (snippets of code are transformed into images) and just make it fix the TOC?

Thanks for your time
emmett_brown is offline   Reply With Quote