View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
1429mb now :-) nice :-)
Is that a typo? 1.4GB free on a 16GB card sounds a little small to me. 14290MB perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
if you want a little more space for FREE don't bother replacing the card.

for whatever reason they only used 2gb of the card that is already in the machine. I have no idea why.

just skip to the last step. put your stock kobo card into your reader and open the partition tool. notice 1.9gb unallocated.

do the same thing right click the kobo ereader fat32 partition click extend slide slider right ok apply done. 1.9gb of extra space for free.

They have 4gb cards in the device but only use 2gb of it for some odd reason. you will go from 1.3gb to 3.2gb :-) nice.
I suspect the reason for using 2Gb of the 4GB uSD cards is that early units had the 2GB card and it is simply easier for them to continue using the image for the 2GB cards rather than having two different images. It may also save having people ask why did Joe get 3GB free on his Glo and my Glo only has 1GB or why does my Glo show 3GB free when the documentation says 1GB?

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 06-22-2013 at 11:13 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote