View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #29
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Well, I went a little crazy making covers once I got the hang of it.

I found a bunch of wine tasting journals that were the perfect size at the DollarTree:

Using the instructions I turned one into a cover disguised as a book.

It's lined with some taffeta I got out of the remnant bin at Joann Fabric. I highly recommend using a stronger glue than the Instructables recommends.

I also got some imitation leather out of the remnant bin, so with some cardboard and glue I made this:

The most expensive part of this was the magnetic closure. All the parts cost lest than $5. It has some problems, so I'm remaking it now, but I got enough faux leather to make 8 of them, so I can afford to mess up a few.

I bought some quilting fabric at Walmart and covered some of the journals:

I used elastic headbands for the elastic so I could have some more colors than just black:

So now my T1 can wear a different dress every day, and I still have some journals left for when I get bored.

Last edited by khalleron; 10-23-2011 at 05:59 PM.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote