View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #45
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryllion View Post
Hi! I've been using OpenOffice to create a PDF for my Reader and am having some good results (I just measured my screen and used those exact measurements to create my page). This may seem like a silly question, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the "author" from my name (which must be entered automatically somewhere, but I can't figure out where) to the actual author (in this case, Mark Twain)

Also, I set up the document to the correct size and used 10-pt fonts to start with. On the Reader, when I up-size to "Medium" the text actually looks smaller ("Large" does get bigger). Have you had this problem?
OpenOffice does not allow you to change all metadata. As you remarked, it keeps your name, even if it's about Mark Twain's book. There are a number of small programs that can do that for you; BECYPDFMeta edit is one of them.
http://www.becyhome.de/becypdfmetaed...iption_eng.htm
Works also for Linux using Wine.

I use a 12 pt font for good viewing resultats (Times New Roman). Of course, it also depends of your choice of font. For an epub, i also add an "interligne" of 120% (sorry English word missing here), which means about 22 lines in a page.

Last edited by roger64; 05-07-2010 at 09:09 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote