View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
I mainly use the Kindle app on a Nexus 7, it's serviceable. I wish there were more font and margin choices but the syncing options for multiple devices is excellent as is the speed of page turns and searches.

I borrow ebooks from the library using a browser and OverDrive. I couldn't get the borrowed ebooks into Bluefire though but I didn't try very hard. I guess you can borrow books directly from within OverDrive, but haven't tried that yet.

The N7 has a screen flickering issue but I noticed if you turn off the wifi, it's gone. Probably interference from the WiFi radio. Not everyone has this, but it's a common topic on discussion boards.

I have many books that I photographed and saved to Google Picasa and the photo app works pretty well as a "reader".

There's no Stanza as there is for iOS, but there is Aldiko and Moon Reader for Android.

I like the N7 because it is "backed" by Google - it gets the latest OS upgrades, works very well with Google services like maps, mail, photos, etc... Great value buy.

Like Martyd, I'm also going to get an OTG cable and Media importer to watch movies off flash drives.

Last edited by menevets; 12-06-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: movies
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote