View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #321
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerhjb View Post
I just want to throw my two cents in here. I too would wish we have shelves in Calibre. I really like the way GoodReads and Kindle display books on shelves for browsing so that one could scroll through just the pictures fairly rapidly. I am a "visual" type and remember covers better than titles most of the time. I've even thought about creating my own thumbnail gallery but once I started, yikes...too much work to relabel every thumbnail copy from every folder. Just one person's opinion.
For me, I do use the cover browser view. And even if I can't remember which book I am looking for, I can sort by date and usually that helps as I roughly remember when I added it. But as long as you know the author, you can easily see the book in the cover flow and find it that way.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote