View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #103
James D
James D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
If it is offtopic then please sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Regarding claim #1: You must agree to Amazon Terms of Service when you register an account with them. You cannot get 3G access on an unregistered kindle.
Regarding claim #2: Do you have any proof to backup your claims?
My 3G in the USA still lets me web browse anywhere. I just tried it. Perhaps 3G has been restricted in other countries OR some users have had their Amazon accounts restricted due to excessive bandwidth consumption. Can anybody here verify whether or not a renamed kindle "keyboard" has restricted 3G?
I repeat I did not agreed on any terms. I have not bought it yet. And I will not buy 3G version for Wikipedia only.
Proofs for what I claimed? I claimed about Touch version. About Kindle Keyboard I wrote that I think that it is also restricted.
Anyway I may tell you why do I have a feeling* that new Kindle Keyboard, not the previously called Kindle 3 3G.
"Use of Wireless Connectivity. Your Kindle uses wireless connectivity to allow you to shop for and download Digital Content from the Kindle Store. In general, we do not charge you for this use of wireless connectivity. Your Kindle may use wireless connectivity to make other services available to you for which we may charge you a fee, such as personal file download and subscriptions when you are located in another country.
Your Conduct. You may use the wireless connectivity provided by us only in connection with the Service. You may not use the wireless connectivity for any other purpose. "
I have no idea whether same terms and conditions were for buying Kindle 3 3G but this is what I read for Kindle Keyboard. So basically buying this Kindle you agree with this terms and conditions (Hmmm. I guess I already heard these 2 words somewhere... Didn't you tell me smth about this?)

*Hint: Think but not sure.

Last edited by James D; 11-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.
James D is offline   Reply With Quote