View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Issues scrolling the cursor

I converted several books into HTML (for conversion into epub) but for some reason the conversion went wrong and all the paragraphs in a chapter merged into one. The books ended up with between 20-50 massive paragraphs (one per chapter) with no way to figure out what the actual paragraphs were.

This meant breaking out the original paper books and going through each chapter line-by-line to figure out the proper paragraphs. This may take some time, but it had to be done.

Now, when I do this I'm normally got the book in one hand and visually scanning down the page, while my other hand manipulated the cursor and enter keys.

In a regular text editor this would be fine but I've been coming across a couple of issues that this a bit of a pain.

1. If there is any italic text withing the paragraph below, as I scroll across to the correct ending point of the paragraph, the cursor can randomly jump to the italic text and then jump back to where it should be and then continues on the line. This wouldn't caus me too much of a problem except for the fact that the page will suddenly jump and scoll as much as a full screen of text and then jump back. This gets very disorienting.

2. The larger the paragraph the slower it takes to scroll. I press and hold the left of right scroll button and the cursor moves just one place. I leave my finger on the cursor key and the cursor doesn't move, except that when I take my finger off, the cursor jumps several characters. This makes it difficult to tell where the cursor actually is.

Are these things worth raising as an issue or are these an issue with Qt?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote